Header Ads Widget

How to Monetize a Blog



I’ve been blogging for longer than 10 years now, I never started a blog to make a profit for the sake of making a profit for the sake of making a profit for the sake of making a profit. All my blogs have in some ways become completely free, which is awesome, but unfortunately there are certain costs involved in maintaining that free blog. So for now I’m being paid solely for doing the same posts that you’re reading now, that doesn’t leave me totally free all of the time, but I’m okay with that.

My blog is going to help me with all those activities and I am happy with that. Because it helps me to have a backup plan for whenever things go bad, or an emergency arises and I can’t work in my day job anymore. The same goes for my family because I won’t be spending my life doing something that I really don’t want to, I want to be able to help those around me whenever that time comes. Because whatever it is, I don’t want to spend my life supporting people I don’t love, or doing something to support something I no longer care about. But right now I’m doing it, I’m blogging. But if I wanted to I could have monetized my blog instead of spending my income on my day job.

If I were able to do so, I would also be able to pay off my mortgage.

Not only that, I wouldn’t have to set up a snowblower for housework because the storm came early and we couldn’t shovel. Or stay at a motel because the hotel was too cold to live in, or eat out every night to eat or shelter in place because the city got too bad. I would even be able to cover my phone bill and then buy a new phone so I could afford to talk to people while on a business trip. With all that, I would not have been traveling halfway across the world for fun.

I don’t think it’s enough just for me to make enough to survive. I think I should be able to make some money to help other people. I’m raising a family. But I don’t want that money to just go to their piggy bank, I want to make sure they don’t end up taking up a lot of money and they do not have a lot of room. But I want it to make it so much better than what I’m dealing with right now.

That’s not what I’m willing to do, because that’s just plain wrong. I believe that if you’re struggling you need to be there. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be there helping others out. And that’s the whole reason I became an entrepreneur. The idea of starting a company was so overwhelming that just trying to build a business became too difficult, and thinking about how much I wanted to help people out that it became my vision to do that and actually go all the way into entrepreneurship. So for me, I can’t see a future without being able to do something and help others out that way. It’s something I like doing. If that’s what I’m going to be doing, it should be money-making, and I can’t see myself spending all my time writing for free, I need a way to make money and support myself through life, and help others through life. I do have several ideas where I will be able to monetize a blog, but even if I don’t I will continue to write, and if I can help someone through the process, it’s even better.

Post a Comment

0 Comments